Shooting may be linked to tragic accident...
A shooting inside a busy Palatka bar last night leaves two injured.
The Spurs Saloon on 10th Street in Palatka was packed Saturday night when shots started flying.
Police say 24 year old Torrence Alvin Denegal opened fire on 42 year old Robert Lee Durden inside the bar around 12:20 a.m.
Durden was shot multiple times, in the neck and body. Police believe Durden was targeted. Police are investigating the possibility that the shooting was actually retaliation for a tragic accident where the suspect's relative was killed crossing a road last month in Palatka.
During the shooting a stray bullet also hit 34-year-old Johhnie Sue Moore in the foot after it ricocheted off the floor.
Durden survived the attack and is undergoing surgeries for his injuries at Shands. Moore was treated and released from the Putnam Medical Center last night.
- Family, friends remember 7 children killed in tragic accident nine years ago today
- Tragic and Deadly Accidents
- A Vial Of Ted Bundy's Blood May Link Him To More Murders
- Man Accused of Shooting at Deputy May Face More Charges
- Is There a Link Between the Film and the Theater Shooting?
- Third Victim Of Tragic I-75 Crash, Remembered
- Tragic Anniversary Tribute
- Tragic Loss Makes Way For A New Breath Of Life
- Firefighter Deaths Serve As Tragic Reminder
- Despite Tragic Incident, Horse Competition Continued