Craig Carter defeats Susan Bottcher 53-47%...Todd Chase wins easily...Annie Orlando & Helen Warren go to runoff
Accused Arsonist Arrested in Blessed Hope Fire
The man accused of setting a Newberry thrift store and food pantry on fire has been arrested. 27-year old Antonie Felipe was booked into the Alachua county jail Saturday. As of Sunday evening, he remained there. Witnesses said Felipe was seen leaving "Blessed Hope" just minutes before a fire gutted the building. Nonetheless, those in Newberry vow to rebuild a place many turned to in times of need.
"Newberry is the kinda of town that after this happens we are all going to come together and put it back together," said mayor Bill Conrad.
Donations to help rebuild the charity's building can be dropped off at Newberry City Hall. They can also be mailed to:
Blessed Hope, P.O. Box 722, Newberry, FL 32669.
For more information or questions, you can Eveyln McKoy at (352) 472-4160.
- Blessed Hope Thrift Store Catches Fire
- Hope for Blessed Hope Food Pantry in Newberry?
- Hope for "Blessed Hope"
- Blessed Hope Needs A Miracle
- Arsonist Sets 4 Fires in Columbia County
- Teen Arsonist Arrested
- Pavillion Dedication Memorializes Former Fire Chief Hope Powell
- House of Hope Exec. Dir. Thomas Johnson Fired
- Bradford Arsonist
- Hawthorne's former Fire Chief accused of fraud.