He's been spotted several times, and made another appearance on Monday, but Florida Fish and Wildlife officials say, he's scared of humans.
A Florida black bear was seen between the Alachua County Sheriff's Office and Hawthorne trail.
Officials say the bear is wandering around and getting into garbage--- and are asking residents to help.
"If they can bring in their attractants, pet food, garbage, he'll be on his way," said Karen Parker, Florida Fish & Wildlife spokesperson.
Parker says bears will hang out if there is free food available. So far, there have been no bear related injuries reported.
- Bear Sightings Are Up
- Bear Sighting in Southwest Gainesville
- Increase In Sight
- Rain A Welcomed Sight For Farmers And Firefighters
- Bear that Killed Goats Still on the Loose
- Time to beware of bears in parts of Florida
- Sleeping Bear in Tree
- Bear In Tree
- Bear on the Loose in Kirkwood Neighborhood in Southwest Gainesville
- Black Bear Falls From Tree