Charges Dropped in Gainesville Toddler's Death
The mystery over how a 14-month old Gainesville boy, Ashton Enclarde, died is no more while his father will face no legal consequences. Investigators said Anthony Enclarde, while sleeping, rolled on top of the boy and caused severe injuries on a Sunday night in January. They said the father tried to get the boy help, wasn't under the influence of drugs, and there is no indication it was malicious.
"What you basically have is a tragic and unfortunate accident that should have never happened but there is not a chargeable offense under Florida statute that fits this particular situation," said State Attorney's Office Spokesperson Spencer Mann.
To see a full report, watch the video on the right side of this page.
- Father enters no contest plea in toddler's death in hot car
- Ocala Man Allegedly Fractures Toddler's Skull
- Miami Woman Charged In Connection To Toddler Daycare Drowning Death
- Former Alachua Co. Sheriff's Sergeant Charges Dropped
- Man Charged With Jacksonville Girl's Death Denied Bail
- Man Charged With Jacksonville Girl's Death Has First Appearance in Court
- Son Charged In Mom's Death
- Man Charged With Bell Woman's Death Has A Criminal Past
- Child neglect leads to death of toddler
- Woman Charged With Child Neglect, Passes Out With Toddler In Car