Charges Dropped in Gainesville Toddler's Death
The mystery over how a 14-month old Gainesville boy, Ashton Enclarde, died is no more while his father will face no legal consequences. Investigators said Anthony Enclarde, while sleeping, rolled on top of the boy and caused severe injuries on a Sunday night in January. They said the father tried to get the boy help, wasn't under the influence of drugs, and there is no indication it was malicious.
"What you basically have is a tragic and unfortunate accident that should have never happened but there is not a chargeable offense under Florida statute that fits this particular situation," said State Attorney's Office Spokesperson Spencer Mann.
To see a full report, watch the video on the right side of this page.
- Former Alachua Co. Sheriff's Sergeant Charges Dropped
- Son Charged In Mom's Death
- Gainesville Woman's Death Ruled Homicide
- Murder Charges Dropped
- Joiner Charges Dropped
- Charges Against Belleview Pastor Dropped
- Charges Dropped Against Accused Man
- Alachua County Charges Against Rapper Dropped ... For Now
- Charges Dropped Against X-Box Boys
- Grandmother to Face Capital Charge in Girl's Death