A Christmas Eve Tragedy May be A Lawsuit
The landlord of a mobile home that burned down Christmas Eve, may face a civil lawsuit.The home went up in flames early Christmas Eve morning, ignited by what investigators believe was an electrical short.
Two people escaped through the front door, thinking 19 year old Eric Snyder was following behind them. According to state fire marshals, Snyder tried getting out through the back sliding door, but it was nailed shut and he died. The Snyder family has hired an attorney, claiming the landlord failed to install a smoke detector and a fire exit.
Attorney Stephen Miller says, "in this case, obviously nothing will ever bring someone back that has either been seriously injured or killed as a result of someone else's negligence; however in this case the family hopes that some good will come of it because other people will learn and landlords will learn what they and are not supposed to do."
Miller says the landlord, Gateway Properties and Management, LLC, failed to fix and care for their rental property.
For more information on rental property rights visit WWW.TRLS.ORG.
- Christmas Eve Tragedy
- Christmas Eve Shooting
- New Year's Eve Party
- Travelodge Gainesville Burns In New Year's Eve Fire
- Roadside Safety Checkpoint in Alachua County on New Year's Eve
- New Year's Eve Brings Music, Money to Gainesville
- Some Businesses Welcome New Year's Eve
- Make Your Christmas Trees Last Until Christmas
- Tragedy of "Invisible Children" Brought Closer to Home For Williston High Students
- Gainesville Students Return While Staff Step Up In Wake of Newtown Tragedy