A Concert for Hope
The Marion County Livestock Pavilion was transformed into a stage for a number of country music performers. And it was all to help local families that may find themselves without a home.
Project Hope of Ocala put on the event. The organization is working towards a goal of raising $500,000 towards a housing facility to help families in need.
Country Music legend Mel Tillis told TV20 the cause is close to his heart.
"It's wonderful thing God sent for the people that need help. And not only is it a helping hand, it's a help up. And I'm so proud to be a part of it," he said.
The annual event also included plenty of food and even the chance to win a new motorcycle.
Performers included Mel and Pam Tillis, Kenyon Lockry, BJ Thomas and Billy Joe Royal.
- Little Girl Who Dies Waiting For Heart Transplant, Is Honored During Concert
- Classical Concert Dedicated to Mothers
- Annual Mother’s Day Concert
- Elton John Postpones Concert
- Benefit Concert
- Concert Raises Money For Kids Cancer Group
- Free Friday's Concert Gainesville
- Upcoming Plies Concert Raises Security Concerns in Downtown Gainesville
- Sonlight Youth Choir and Band 2012 Benefit Concert
- Benefit Tribute Concert for Russell Johnson