Death toll stands at 51 in Moore, OK. Medical examiner told to expect at least 40 more bodies...20 of them children.
Fast Food for the Homeless: EBT Pilot Program
A pilot program in Alachua County is making it possible for homeless people to eat...in 30 minutes or less.
Those who receive food stamps and have a continuum of care card through the Alachua County Housing Authority are able to spend their benefits at select restaurants.
So far 350 homeless people who qualify for food stamp benefits, have signed up. The five participating restaurants serve about 4 people a week through the program.
If DCF determines it works, the elderly and disabled could have that option some day too. During a review of the program, the cost and ease of implementation will be weighed against the benefits.
This is the first pilot program of its kind in the Southeast.
- Same Suspect in Two Fast Food Robberies
- One Fewer Fast Food Joint - 400 Jobs Lost
- Fire Damages Ocala Fast Food Restaurant
- Local Food Banks And Homeless Shelters Struggling
- Food4Kids Backpack Program Ramps Up
- Program Aims to Change Views on Homelessness
- State Senators Look To Cut Funding For Homeless Programs
- Temporary Suspension On Homeless Program
- Homeless Assistance Program On Hold
- EBT Expiration Date?