Craig Carter defeats Susan Bottcher 53-47%...Todd Chase wins easily...Annie Orlando & Helen Warren go to runoff
Gainesville Housing Authority Faces Million Dollar Shortfall
The Gainesville Housing Authority is more than a million and a half dollars in the hole. It is trying to dig itself out by raising the rent by lowering the amount of assistance it can give residents. Instead of paying 95 cent on every dollar of rent, the authority will only pay 80 cents. The change had many tenants worried about how they'll come up with the difference.
"It feels like they are feeding you to the sharks and they don't care if you sink or swim," said resident Ari Goldman.
For a full report, watch the video on the right side of the page.
- After Five Years and One Million Dollars, Fisher House Ready to Break Ground
- 57 Million Dollar Pet Hospital Opens in Gainesville
- Ribbon Cut on $1 Million Dollar Renovation Project in East Gainesville
- Gainesville Bookstores Saving Students Millions of Dollars
- City Takes Closer Look at Gainesville Housing Authority
- Gainesville Housing Authority Feeling the Heat
- Gainesville Housing Authority Chooses New Executive Director
- University of Florida Announced 47 Million Dollars In Budget Cuts
- One Million Dollars Towards Local Parks
- City Wants Your Feedback On Spending Millions Of Dollars