Gainesville Resident Admitted to Poaching Alligator
A dinner meal cost 3 Gainesville residents' their freedom Monday night. They are accused of dining on poached alligator. 34-year old Edward Lydecker was arrested Monday evening after he admitted to cops and TV20 he killed an alligator without a permit inside Gainesville's tent city. 25-year old Rebecca Baxley and 37-year old Keith Marshall were also arrested for having possession of the gator. Lydecker told us he killed the gator in order to defend himself but then ate it.
"When you're living out here man, food is scarce...yeah, it was an easy meal for me," said Lydecker.
For more on this story, watch the TV20 exclusive on the right side of this page.
- Gator Poaching
- East Gainesville Initiative Will Host One- week Camp for East Gainesville Residents
- Nine Percent of Teens in the US Admit to Committing Sexual Assault
- Suspect Admits Remorse In Planning Brutal Home Invasion Robbery
- Officials Admit Mistake in Child Abuse Case
- CVS Manager Admits To Videotaping Women In The Restroom
- Ocala Teens Admit To More Than 80 Burglaries
- Gainesville Residents Wait to Hear From Their Family in the Philippines
- Gainesville Residents Cleaning Up After Severe Weekend Weather
- Gainesville Residents Voice Concerns at Cabot-Kopper Site Meeting