The Gift Of Independence
Samuel Bannister is well known in his neighborhood for the heartfelt sermons he gave as a reverend, and the devotion he gives to his family as a father, but age as taken its toll.
He needs to travel to doctors appointments and run errands, but that's difficult because of the steps that lead to his door and the wheelchair he depends on for mobility.
His daughter Shelia helps when she can, but sometimes the load is too much for one person to carry
Every time they were called, Gainesville Fire Rescue dispatched a crew to help move Reverend Bannister down the steps of his home but they realized they could do more.
The International Association of Firefighters purchased supplies to build a wheelchair ramp and started hammering away towards making it a reality.
- New Bill Could Give Nurse Practitioners More Independence in Florida
- Center for Independent Living Showcases Assistance Programs
- Firework Sales Boom Leading Up To Independence Day
- American Flags Fly High in Cedar Key on Independence Day
- Independent Group Releases Gainesville Police Review Findings
- Crist Independent [Reactions]
- Crist Independent [Interview]
- Independent Florida Alligator set to move locations
- Living History Farm celebrates Independence Day
- Veterans and first responders honored for Independence Day