Gunfire in School Parking Lot
On one hand, a shooting at a North Central Florida school was a rarity. On the other hand, someone shooting at law enforcement officers is becoming all too common. High Springs community school was locked down just before a barrage of bullets were exchanged between police and a gunman Wednesday afternoon. Investigators said 63-year old Robert Nodine was being escorted off the school property before opening fire at officers. Nodine was shot and taken to the hospital for treatment. No officers, students, or staff were injured. Classes will resume on Thursday.
"This was a very isolated incident. School is very safe and we want the students to get back to a normal school routine as soon as possible," said Alachua county schools spokesperson Jackie Johnson.
For a full report, watch the video on the right side of this page.
- School Reopens After Shooting In Parking Lot
- Man Shot and Killed In Walmart Parking Lot
- Armed Robbery, Kidnapping in Walmart Parking Lot
- Summer Weather Raises Awareness on Parking Lot Safety
- Parking Lot Problems at Santa Fe
- Parking Lot Safety
- Homeless Woman Murdered...Her Body Found in Gainesville Parking Lot
- 15 Year Old Girl Shot and Killed in Gainesville Parking Lot
- Woman found dead in her car in Walmart parking lot
- Gainesville Police Search For Man Who Exposed Himself In Parking Lot