Levy County Homes Spared by Mere Feet
Some Levy county residents felt a sign of relief Thursday evening after a fast-moving fire came within feet of their life's possessions. Evacuation orders were lifted just after 7 PM Thursday night for the people living near the fire, which ignited in a mobile home and quickly spread. That home, three camper trailers, and a small barn were completely lost. Fortunately, there are no injuries to report but it took a team to put out the flames.
""It is dry. We have had no rain. We are a tinderbox... just anybody who is outside burning has to be very attentive to what they're doing. We are requesting no one burn right now because of the high fire danger," said Danny Wallace with the Williston Fire Department.
To see a full report, watch the video on the right side of this page.
- Levy County Home Invasion and Shooting
- Levy County Deputy's Home Burns to the Ground
- A New Home for Levy County Humane Society
- Levy County Home Invasion, Gunman Killed
- Lawmakers Could Spare Hampton
- Police Investigating Missing Girl's Body Found in Levy County
- Levy County Bus And Vehicle Collision
- Distemper Outbreak Hits Levy County
- Three Seats In Levy County Commission Up For Grabs
- Levy County Abuse