Local Project on Turkey List Fired Back
A group of law enforcement professionals and trainees said they hope Governor Rick Scott will not veto funding for the Santa Fe College's Law Enforcement Lab. $750,000 was written into a statehouse bill for the lab project that a watchdog group said was not properly reviewed by lawmakers. Those inside the building said the money is badly needed to start the process of expansion. Santa Fe Police Chief Daryl Johnston said one day they hope to build an apartment that would allow for more realistic drills.
"When someone comes to your house in the middle of a crisis whether it's a medical crisis or a crime that is being committed, you want the people coming to you to be highly trained and highly skilled and that's what we do here," said Johnston.
To see a full report, watch the video on the right side of this page.
- Budget Turkeys
- Motorcylist Seriously Injured, Attacked By Wild Turkey
- Storm Hits Turkey Creek Forest
- Residents React to Turkey Creek Golf Course Closing
- More than 50,000 Dead People on Florida Voters List
- List of Road Closures from Tropical Storm Debby
- Gainesville Ranks 7th on a list of New Foreclosure Capitals
- Governor Crist on McCain's List For The Vice Presidential Slot
- City Commissioners Narrow List Of Fleet Management Sites
- Two Local Schools Make Top 100 List