Man Dies in Summerfield Blaze
An early morning fire in Marion County kills a 53-year-old man.
Officials say just after midnight Wednesday, neighbors watched the fire destroy a Summerfield home. Neighbors rushed to help and knocked on doors, but there was no response.
Firefighters used more than 6,000 gallons of water to put the fire out. They discovered the body of the 53-year-old man inside.
Neighbors told TV20 the man was suffering from diabetes, did not have health insurance and frequently spoke about being down on his luck. A neighbor later realized the fire victim's cat left in a crate at her doorstep.
Officials have not yet determined the cause of the fire or whether or not it was a suicide until an autopsy is performed.
- Family of Summerfield Man Suing Marion County Sheriff in Wrongful Death Suit
- Man is Murdered in Summerfield
- Summerfield Man Hit By Marion County Sheriff's Patrol Car
- MCSO deputy awarded medal after saving a Summerfield man's life
- Blaze Started in Trenton
- Local Wildfires Keep Burn Ban in Effect: Clay County Blaze Now Burning
- Firefighters Say Structural Surprises In Travelodge Blaze
- Blaze destroys home
- Baby Dies of Head Injuries; Man Arrested
- Summerfield residents get a new emergency care center