Marion County School District Consolidates Custodial Services
School Districts across the State are looking for ways to save money.
And in Marion County, school board members found a way to save more than $120,000.
Last night during a meeting, board members decided to consolidate the number of private cleaning companies already used in about 20 Marion County schools. The move ended contracts with seven other companies, giving those contracts over to Cleaning Concepts of Dunnellon.
"It is more affordable for the district to combine all seven schools into a single contract and award that contract to a private vendor than it is for the school district to clean those schools ourselves," Marion County School District Communications Officer, Kevin Christian told TV20.
The move passed on a 3-2 vote.
- Bald eagles found dying at Marion County Landfill
- Congressman Meets Constituents of New Marion County District
- Two Buses Stolen From Alachua County School District Lot
- Marion County School District Penalized for Class Size Violation
- Marion County School District Ranks Third in State for Lowest Administrative Cost
- Alachua County Schools one of 15 districts honored for going "green"
- Marion County Pet Adoptions, Wednesday August 7, 2013
- Marion County Wants Foster Homes for Pets
- Marion County Pet Adoptions
- Marion County Schools go on hiring spree