Marion County School District Consolidates Custodial Services
School Districts across the State are looking for ways to save money.
And in Marion County, school board members found a way to save more than $120,000.
Last night during a meeting, board members decided to consolidate the number of private cleaning companies already used in about 20 Marion County schools. The move ended contracts with seven other companies, giving those contracts over to Cleaning Concepts of Dunnellon.
"It is more affordable for the district to combine all seven schools into a single contract and award that contract to a private vendor than it is for the school district to clean those schools ourselves," Marion County School District Communications Officer, Kevin Christian told TV20.
The move passed on a 3-2 vote.
- Bald eagles found dying at Marion County Landfill
- Donations for Charities Accpeted Until End of Month
- Stolen dog back at the Humane Society, "dognapper" in custody
- Rasmussen College's Annual Service Day In Ocala
- Helping One Organization At A Time
- School Districts Faced With Tough Budgets, Even Tougher Decisions
- School district investigation closed in school bus assault
- School district wins grant to increase locally produced foods in schools
- Marion County Schools go on hiring spree
- First day of school in the books for Osceola Middle School