Marion County School District Consolidates Custodial Services
School Districts across the State are looking for ways to save money.
And in Marion County, school board members found a way to save more than $120,000.
Last night during a meeting, board members decided to consolidate the number of private cleaning companies already used in about 20 Marion County schools. The move ended contracts with seven other companies, giving those contracts over to Cleaning Concepts of Dunnellon.
"It is more affordable for the district to combine all seven schools into a single contract and award that contract to a private vendor than it is for the school district to clean those schools ourselves," Marion County School District Communications Officer, Kevin Christian told TV20.
The move passed on a 3-2 vote.
- Marion County School District Penalized for Class Size Violation
- Marion County School District Ranks Third in State for Lowest Administrative Cost
- Consolidation of Marion County Fire and Sheriff Deprtments Inches Closer
- Consolidation of Marion County Fire and Sheriff Deprtments One Step Closer
- Marion County Jail Inmate Dies In Custody
- Battle for Marion County Commission District 5
- Congressman Meets Constituents of New Marion County District
- Marion County Animal Service Needs Help
- Two Buses Stolen From Alachua County School District Lot
- Paddling Scheduled to Return to Marion County Elementary Schools