Marion County in year 2035
It is over 1,000 pages of hard work detailing a vision of Marion County 25 years from now.
"Marion County's Comprehensive Plan 2035 is the main document that establishes growth management policies for Florida's fifth largest county," Marion County Public Information Officer, Barbara Hernandez told TV20.
The plan helps set goals and provides direction for future land use decisions. The work took over two years to produce and countless maps illustrating where growth is expected.
"Well one of the hot areas is South Marion County," Growth Management Director, Jimmy Massey said. "Areas that sat dormant for years are seeing new activity. Areas such as Silver Springs Shores and Marion Oaks."
The plan which was required by and submitted to the State also outlines and helps protect environmentally sensitive areas. The 2035 plan allows for a larger number of residents, whose property is on sensitive soil, to sell credits of land and build homes in less sensitive areas.
- One year old Ocala child falls into septic tank and dies
- Teacher Accused Of Having Sex With 15-Year-Old, Terminated From School
- Bald eagles found dying at Marion County Landfill
- Marion County Sheriff's Citizens Academy Back After 12 Years
- 15 Year Old Severely Injured in Raceway Crash
- Raceway Says 15 Year Old Race Car Driver Died
- Ocala 13 Year Old Charged As Adult, Child Psychologists Weigh In
- Ten Year Memorial for Fallen Deputy
- 10 Year Anniversary Of Fallen Deputy Brian Litz
- Marion County New Year's Health Resolution