Melrose Duo Accused of Swindling Thy Neighbor
Forget about the neighborly love in one part of Melrose as two women are accused of ripping off their 93-year old neighbor. Investigators said the pair who lived together, 47-year old Lisa Feindt and 52-year old Rhonda Lay, befriended the woman and then stole part of her life savings. Deputies said the duo stole more than 21,000 dollars by writing almost 30 checks from that neighbor's bank account. They believe the two used part of the money to buy a hummer and two jet skis.
"To the older individual this is a friendship to them. They don't see the theft coming," said Art Forgey with the Alachua County Sheriff's Office.
For a full report, watch the video on the right side of the page.
- Church Members Accuse Pastor Of Swindling Thousands Of Dollars
- Neighbor Speaks Out about Accused Child Molester
- 92 Year Old Woman Accused of Shooting at Neighbor Over A Kiss
- Drug Duo is Busted
- Mother-Daughter Duo Opens New Charter School in Gainesville
- Melrose Man Caused Three-vehicle Collision.
- Soldier from Melrose dies in Combat in Afghanistan
- Police Need Help to Find Missing Melrose Woman
- Melrose Teen Battles Rare Disease
- Melrose Residents Voice Concerns about Urban Development