Patrolling the Water
Call memorial day weekend the unofficial start of boating season in North Central Florida. State law enforcement officers used the holiday to make sure nobody went overboard. Most boaters on Santa Fe Lake were following the rules Monday. Officers performed safety checks to see whether there were enough life jackets, a whistle or horn, and fire extinguishers on board. Unlike last weekend's two BUI arrests on the lake, officers said they didn't cite anyone.
"We are just asking for everybody to have a DD, for everybody to be safe, and have a good time," said Florida Fish and Wildlife Commission officer Brad Stanley.
For a full report including why boat safety is a family affair, watch the TV20 News at 11 Monday evening.
- GPD Increases Patrol
- Florida Highway Patrol Up For Reaccreditation
- Troopers Ticketing Aggressive Driving
- Delete Teen Crashes Day
- Manhunt Over For Car Thief
- Passenger of Small Plane in Palatka Crash Dies
- The Florida Highway Patrol Increases Patrols For "Staying Alive On I-75" Initiative
- Gainesville Woman Dies in Scooter Crash
- Woman Who Crashed into Bicyclist was Under Influence
- Cone Park Playground Problems