Patrolling the Water
Call memorial day weekend the unofficial start of boating season in North Central Florida. State law enforcement officers used the holiday to make sure nobody went overboard. Most boaters on Santa Fe Lake were following the rules Monday. Officers performed safety checks to see whether there were enough life jackets, a whistle or horn, and fire extinguishers on board. Unlike last weekend's two BUI arrests on the lake, officers said they didn't cite anyone.
"We are just asking for everybody to have a DD, for everybody to be safe, and have a good time," said Florida Fish and Wildlife Commission officer Brad Stanley.
For a full report including why boat safety is a family affair, watch the TV20 News at 11 Monday evening.
- GPD Increases Patrol
- Florida Highway Patrol Up For Reaccreditation
- FHP increases patrol
- OPD Patrol
- Police Are Criticized For Downtown Patrol Tactics
- FL Highway Patrol Cracks Down on Speeding and Aggressive Drivers
- GPD Mounted Patrol Training
- Bull Damages Patrol Cars
- Increased Patrols In Gainesville Neighborhood Lead To Harassment Claims
- Mounted Patrol Unit