Possible Church Discrimination Update
A major milestone reached in a possible discrimination case.
Back in January, four employees of Saint Augustine Church in Gainesville filed state and federal complaints. Saying they were demoted and had their pay cut, because of their ethnicities.
Now the Florida Commission on Human Relations has released its determination on three of the complaints. The commission found there is reasonable cause to believe the church discriminated against the employees based on race.
The next step in the process is mediation between the church and diocese and the employees. If a settlement can't be reached, then the cases could make their way to federal court for litigation.
- Church Discrimination Investigation
- Proposed Business Changes to Gainesville's Anti-Discrimination Law
- Discrimination at Gainesville Hotel?
- NAACP Says Sheriff's Office Is Guilty of Discrimination
- Ladies Night Specials Violate Gainesville Discrimination Ordinance
- Pit Bull Discrimination?
- Money Stolen From Church
- Church Locked Down
- Gainesville Church Hosts Job Fair
- Bronson Church Service Interrupted