Putnam County Sheriff's Deputy Shot
Another Florida law enforcement officer shot in the line of duty and the second in Putnam County within a week.
Wednesday night around 10:30, a Putnam County Sheriff's Deputy was shot while serving a warrant in Interlachen. Deputy Sheriff Randy Hayes was shot in the shoulder during a gun fight that started when the SWAT team entered a home on Junior Lake Drive in Interlachen.
Suspect Julie Lane was shot in the stomach when SWAT returned fire.
Hayes and Lane are at Shands Hospital in critical, but stable condition.
- Ocala Man Shot Twice by Sheriff's Deputy in Stable Condition
- Putnam County remembers Deputy Brandee Smith
- Friend speaks out after Putnam County man shot, killed
- Deputies: string of burglaries span four counties
- Deputies find man shot in leg
- RTS Bus And Sheriff's Deputy Car Involved In Crash
- Alachua County Sheriff's Deputies Create Workout for Fallen Officers
- Former Marion County Sheriff's deputy killed in crash
- Alachua County Sheriff's Deputy on administrative leave for dating violence incident
- FDLE: Sheriff's deputies cleared in Lake City shooting