Putnam County Sheriff's Deputy Shot
Another Florida law enforcement officer shot in the line of duty and the second in Putnam County within a week.
Wednesday night around 10:30, a Putnam County Sheriff's Deputy was shot while serving a warrant in Interlachen. Deputy Sheriff Randy Hayes was shot in the shoulder during a gun fight that started when the SWAT team entered a home on Junior Lake Drive in Interlachen.
Suspect Julie Lane was shot in the stomach when SWAT returned fire.
Hayes and Lane are at Shands Hospital in critical, but stable condition.
- Ocala Man Shot Twice by Sheriff's Deputy in Stable Condition
- Alachua County Sheriff's Deputies Create Workout for Fallen Officers
- Man Shot by Dixie County Sheriff's Deputy
- Alachua County Sheriff Defends Deputies
- RTS Bus And Sheriff's Deputy Car Involved In Crash
- Troopers: Man Crashes Car In Putnam County Sheriff's Parking Lot
- Marion County Sheriff's Citizens Academy Back After 12 Years
- Marion County Sheriff's Office Granted More Money for Cars
- A Teen Shoots A Volusia County Sheriff's Deputy
- Alachua County Sheriff's Deputies Sweep for Sexual Offenders