Putnam County Sheriff's Deputy Shot
Another Florida law enforcement officer shot in the line of duty and the second in Putnam County within a week.
Wednesday night around 10:30, a Putnam County Sheriff's Deputy was shot while serving a warrant in Interlachen. Deputy Sheriff Randy Hayes was shot in the shoulder during a gun fight that started when the SWAT team entered a home on Junior Lake Drive in Interlachen.
Suspect Julie Lane was shot in the stomach when SWAT returned fire.
Hayes and Lane are at Shands Hospital in critical, but stable condition.
- Body of missing sheriff's deputy found
- Putnam County remembers Deputy Brandee Smith
- Ocala Man Shot Twice by Sheriff's Deputy in Stable Condition
- Teen Shot and Killed in Palatka
- Friend speaks out after Putnam County man shot, killed
- Deputies: string of burglaries span four counties
- Deputies Arrest 14 Suspects During Meth Bust
- 4-year-old dies after being strangled by 11-year-old, according to deputies
- Deputy Brandee Smith laid to rest
- Deputies find man shot in leg