Putnam County Sheriff's Deputy Shot
Another Florida law enforcement officer shot in the line of duty and the second in Putnam County within a week.
Wednesday night around 10:30, a Putnam County Sheriff's Deputy was shot while serving a warrant in Interlachen. Deputy Sheriff Randy Hayes was shot in the shoulder during a gun fight that started when the SWAT team entered a home on Junior Lake Drive in Interlachen.
Suspect Julie Lane was shot in the stomach when SWAT returned fire.
Hayes and Lane are at Shands Hospital in critical, but stable condition.
- Man Shot by Dixie County Sheriff's Deputy
- Ocala Man Shot Twice by Sheriff's Deputy in Stable Condition
- Troopers: Man Crashes Car In Putnam County Sheriff's Parking Lot
- Alachua County Sheriff's Deputies Sweep for Sexual Offenders
- Alachua County Sheriff's Deputies Create Workout for Fallen Officers
- Dixie Sheriff's Captain Killed in Gunfight, Suspect Shot
- Safer Radio for Sheriff's Deputies
- Sheriff's Deputy One of Two Victims Injured in Series of Car Crashes
- Alachua County Sheriff's Office Saves Woman from Pasco County
- Wanted Tennessee Fugitive Arrested Across the Street from Alachua County Sheriff's Office