Small but Significant Changes to Gainesville's Outdoor Burning Law
Small but specific changes to a Gainesville burning ordinance were given the go ahead quickly and with little fanfare by commissioners Thursday night. 8 months after the Dove World Outreach Center threatened to burn the Koran outside. City leaders said the changes to the city's open and outdoor burning laws are based on a scenario few could have predicted.
"We talked about what if he (Terry Jones) actually did light a book on fire what could we do and I think it was a very small civil penalty. It wasn't really designed to respond to the situation at hand," said commissioner Jeanna Mastrodicasa.
To see a full report, watch the video on the right side of this web page.
- Proposed Business Changes to Gainesville's Anti-Discrimination Law
- Travelodge Gainesville Burns In New Year's Eve Fire
- Gainesville Eyesore's Transformation Signals Change
- Manager From Hospital that Treated Sexually Abused Dog Wants Law Changed
- Gainesville Offering Small Business Mentoring
- Small plane crashes in Gainesville
- Gainesville tech company helps small businesses improve marketing strategies
- Home Sales in North Central Florida Rise Significantly Compared to Last Year
- Consignment Shops Experiencing Significant Growth
- High Springs Police Make Significant Drug Bust