Tire Technician told to hit the road
The wheels came off the wagon a little too often, so a tire technician has been told to hit the road.
Investigators found that 41-year-old Bobby Land, who worked with Marion County school buses, was removing slightly-used tires and selling them.
They say he cashed-in on more than 230 tires, valued at $55,000.
Wednesday, the school board fired him.
Land was charged with dealing in stolen property last month. The tire shop that bought some of the tires has since closed.
- Pedestrian Hit In The Road
- Woman Dies After Being Hit By A Car On Archer Road
- Lake Butler Teen Hit By Car On State Road 121
- Roadwork About to Hit Busy Road
- Residents Say They're Getting Flat Tires From Construction Site
- Dozens of Tires Stolen from Walmart
- Tire Thief Arrested- Again
- As Election Nears, Some Voters Grow Tired of Constant Political Ads
- Man Arrested for Riding on Three Tires and Fleeing Accident
- Residents Tired of Rush Hour Traffic Speeding Through Their Neighborhood