Travolta welcomes Scientology Church in Ocala
Actor John Travolta opened the Church of Scientology Mission in Ocala.
The Mission located in the heart of the downtown area held it's grand opening ceremony Sunday evening.
John Travolta, Ocala Mayor Randy Ewers and other local officials addressed the 1,000-plus crowd.
Travolta, who resides in Ocala thanked the city for making him feel at home.
"When I was a little boy, I had this idea that one day when I grew up I would have a home with an airplane in the backyard and a runway. And little did I know that it would be in Ocala, Florida and that dream would come true," Travolta said.
The Mission includes an information center explaining the basic beliefs and practices of Dianetics and Scientology. It will provide beginning Scientology services and daily seminars. The facility is open from 1pm to 10pm seven days a week.
- John Travolta Attends Movie Premiere in Ocala.
- Travolta Family Attends Ocala Movie Premiere
- Ocala Welcomes Troops Home
- Ocala Residents Welcome Snow, Sleet
- Ocala Church Bus Crash in Atlanta
- Dead Body Found Near Ocala Church
- Jett Travolta Mourned
- Travolta Helping Restore Local Move Theater
- Scientology Lawsuit
- UF Health Welcomes New Helicopter