Trenton Man Arrested For Slaying Golden Retriever With a Machete
Levy County Sheriff's Deputies responded to a domestic battery call at a home in Trenton Thursday evening. Upon arriving they saw 50 year old Gary Denning standing on the back porch of the home covered in blood from beating his brother-in-law's Golden Retriever with a machete.
According to deputies, Denning had gotten into an argument with his brother-in-law, Jimmy Brown, over a dent in his car. Deputies say Denning hit Brown in the chest and attempted to kick him. The victim stated Denning threatened to kill him, before going into the house.
The 9-1-1 call was made by a young man in the home, who reported his sister had ran out of the house yelling her father was beating the dog with a machete.
The victim told deputies he heard his dog yelping and crying out from inside. When deputies arrived, they found the 60 pound Golden Retriever laying on the floor, still alive, with a blood trail indicating the dog had tried to escape the beating.
Animal Control took the dog, but with a severed spine and no hope of survival, the lab was put down.
Denning was arrested and is being charged with domestic battery and animal cruelty. He made his first appearance this morning and is being held on 125,000 dollars bond.
- Police: Man Attempts To Retrieve Car By Breaking Into Tow Lot
- Man Attacked with Machete
- Mom, Aunt Of Georgia Baby Slaying Suspect Arrested
- Machete-Wielding Man Killed by Panhandle Officer
- Trenton Family Takes Care of Man With No Place to Go on Christmas
- Machete Wielding Attacker
- Machete Attack
- Golden Apple Gala
- Man Arrested For Sexual Battery of a Mentally Disabled Teen
- Suwannee Man Arrested After Allegedly Killing Two Men