Two New Gainesville City Commissioners Sworn In
Two rookie politicians were sworn in as Gainesville City Commissioners today at noon, along with recently re-elected commissioner Thomas Hawkins.
Former Navy pilot and registered Republican, Todd Chase, defeated incumbent Lauren Poe in the District 2 race.
Community activist and registered Democrat, Susan Bottcher, defeated Rob Zeller and will fill the District 3 seat.
City Commissioners are elected for a three year non-partisan term on the six person commission, chaired by the mayor which is also a non-partisan office.
There has not been a Republican on the commission since 2008.
- New Commissioners sworn in
- Gainesville City Commissioners Consider New Roam Towing Regulations
- New Gainesville City Commissioners
- Gainesville City Commissioners' Reactions to New Police Chief
- New Mayor of Gainesville Sworn In
- Gainesville City Commissioner Wants To See Changes In East Gainesville Redevelopment
- City Commissioners Consider New Governance Structure for GRU
- Commissioner Sworn In
- Gainesville City Commissioners Consider Fire Assessment Fee
- Gainesville City Commissioners Approve $100K Streetcar Study