UF Tornado Study
After they move out of shelters and relatives' spare bedrooms, thousands of southerners who lost everything last month to a pack of killer twisters will need new homes.
The city of Tuscaloosa doesn't allow manufactured homes, meaning houses, apartments and new construction are going to be key.
Scientists combing through the destruction left behind say beefing up building codes and retrofitting existing homes with building techniques honed in hurricane-battered Florida could save property and lives in tornado-prone areas throughout the country.
- Debby Spawned Tornadoes Over Southern Florida
- United Way to Help Tornado Victims
- Tornado Damage in Lake City
- Lake City Suffers Brunt of Florida Tornado
- Tornado Tears Apart Homes In Lake City Neighborhood
- Tornadoes Keeping Some Out Of Work
- People Keeping Faith After Tornadoes
- Marion County Tornado Watch
- Three Weeks After Deadly Tornado
- Tornado Safety