Weekend Detour in Starke
If you're planning to travel through Starke this weekend, plan to go out of your way. Railroad construction on the popular US 301 will take drivers on a 25 mile detour. It's a 48 hour project that will require a few extra gallons of gas and time.
The road will close at 7pm Friday through 7pm Sunday. Here are some possible detours for travelers:
Us 301 southbound traffic will be detoured to SR 100 in Starke, to SR 21 in Keystone Heights, to SR 26 in Melrose, and back to US 301 in Orange Heights. Northbound traffic will do the exact opposite.
A second option is for northbound traffic to stay on US 441 in Marion County, travel through Alachua County to SR 121 just north of Gainesville to SR 100 in Lake Butler, and back to US 301 in Starke.
The third option is for semi-truck traffic to use interstate 75 to interstate 10 to US 301 in Baldwin.
If you're heading north to the TPC golf tournament in Ponte Vedra, you can take SR 26, to SR 21, until SR 26, just east of Camp Blanding, and then head east on SR 16 to US 1 north of St. Augustine, and then over to A1A.
- Detour in High Springs Starting Monday April 14th
- Oil Spill on SE 17th St. in Ocala, Traffic Temporarily Detoured
- Driver Detours And Delays
- Detours for Commuters in Marion County
- Two Major Detours in Marion County
- Levy County Road Detour May Be Permanent
- Petition to stop future detours on 23rd street
- Convicted Killer Set for Execution at Starke
- Starke Elementary School Relocated
- Train Hits Woman in Starke