6 Year Old Boy Almost Drowned at City Pool
A 6-year old boy was hospitalized Wednesday after almost drowning at a Gainesville city pool. A class field trip transformed into terror when the boy was discovered unconscious, floating in the shallow end of the pool. A lifeguard and chaperone helped save the boy.
"When they pulled him out, he was not responsive. He was unconscious. He was not breathing. His lips were blue. However upon doing some rescue breathing also known as mouth to mouth resuscitation, they were able to get him to expel some water from his lungs and then they transported him to Shands as a precautionary measure," said acting city spokesperson Chip Skinner.
To see a full report, watch the video on the right side of this page.
- 3-Year-Old Boy Almost Kidnapped By Sex Offender
- Three-year-old Boy Found Dead at Bottom of Abandoned Pool
- Lake City Police Still Investigating Accidental Shooting Death of 11-Year Old Boy
- 2-year-old Child Drowns After Falling Into Septic Tank
- 13-year-old Gainesville Boy Sends Care Packages to Navy Seals
- Gainesville Man, 21, Drowns In Pool
- No Governmental Oversight at Abandoned Pool Where Toddler Drowned
- Amber Alert Issued For A Four-Year-Old Marion County Boy
- A Special Wish Granted To 15-year-old Boy Brings Him To Disadvantaged Primates
- Alachua County Man in Jail for Taking 3-year-old Boy