After Aneurysm 5th Grader Celebrates Graduation
The road hasn't been easy for an Ocala 5th grader and his family after the child suffered an aneurysm in his brain. But Wednesday, Kyle Carnes graduated from Ocala Springs Elementary.
The 12-year-old had emergency surgery in January and has been working hard towards recovery ever since.
There were cheers and high fives as Kyle, pushed by his best friend, made their way down the hallways of the elementary school. His fifth grade teacher couldn't be prouder and says he hasn't really changed.
"Respectful. Ready to work, and will go as far as I ask him to push," Rose Pendergrapht told TV20.
- High Springs 5th Grader Heads To Bible Bee
- 5th Grader "Citizens of the Month" Tour City of Gainesville
- Aortic Aneurysm Awareness and Warning Signs
- 5th Annual Noche de Gala Raises Funds for Kids
- Forbes Ranks Ocala 5th in the Nation for Future Job Development
- Residents Complain About Flooding On SE 5th Ave.
- Fourth Graders Fed a Meager Meal
- Williston Elementary First Graders Open A New Restaurant
- 9th graders on the Gulf Oil Spill
- 6th Grader Wins Full Ride College Scholarship