"Badland" Wildfire Still Going Strong
The "Badland" Levy county fire is in the Goethe State Forest. The fire is at more than 2000 acres and going strong.
Today's thunderstorms and strong winds spurred the flames causing flying embers and spot fires along County Road 337.
But now that the winds have died down, the mandatory evacuations ordered earlier today have been lifted.
The wildfire is still very serious, but the edge of it has been somewhat contained.
The Red Cross is ready to assist families at the First Baptist Church in Bronson.
For more information from the Division of Forestry visit Fire Updates.
- Firefighters Still Fighting Wildfire In Columbia County
- Arizona Wildfire to Keep Growing Amid Strong Winds
- Wildfire Then, Wildfire Now?
- Strong Home Sales Numbers Could Be Misleading
- Pet Care Clinic Going Strong After Three Years
- Civil Servants Send Strong Message of Opposition
- Heather Strong Murder Case
- Help Others Find Their Strong Suit
- Democratic Chair Steps Down 'While Party is Strong'
- Louisville Head Coach Charlie Strong in Familiar Territory