Bubble Gum Bandit Hits Four Gas Stations
A bold robber decided he wanted more than just gas from several stations.
He went on a robbery spree hitting four locations in less than 24 hours.
All four gas stations had surveillance cameras and three of the four were less than a three miles from one another.
The suspect, 28 year old Erik Burger pretended to make a small purchase, like a pack of bubble gum, then while the register was open demanded the cash inside.
Gainesville Police Department arrested burger for the string of robberies at 9:30 this morning but they have not released how much he got away.
Burger was released from jail last year for robbery and his motivation was feeding his drug habit.
- Motorcyclist Dies After Road Rage Incident at Gas Station
- Bad Weather Takes Out Gas Station Pumps
- Two Gas Stations Robbed in Lake City
- Gainesville Gas Station Robbery Foiled
- Police Looking For Gas Station Robbers
- Winning Lotto Ticket Sold At Gainesville Gas Station
- Man Accused of Armed Robbery At Lake City Gas Station
- Deputies: Suspect Buys Cigarettes, Returns Later To Rob Gas Station
- Armed Suspect Robs High Springs Gas Station
- Winning Lotto Ticket Sold At Ocala Gas Station