Budget Battle Ends....At Least for Now
After months of public debate, it's really over.
Alachua County Sheriff Sadie Darnell has withdrawn the appeal she filed with the Office of the Governor over $507,000 Alachua County Commissioners would not give her for her budget.
The letter was sent on May 26th after Governor Rick Scott signed the Pension Reform Bill.
Sheriff Darnell said that because the Sheriff's Office will be paying less toward employee retirement, there is enough found money to make the dispute unnecessary.
County Commissioner Susan Baird told TV20 today she is relieved that the time consuming appeals process is over.
But there may be more battles ahead as Sheriff Darnell turned in a budget for 2011/2012 that asks for $2 million more than she requested this year.
- The Alachua County Budget Battle is Over...
- Crossing Guards, School Deputies Get Wrapped Up into a Budget Battle
- Williston Budget Battle
- Another Budget Battle?
- The Sheriff Takes the Budget Battle to Tallahassee
- Gainesville City Commissioners Near End of Budget Discussions
- Budget Battle: What Would A Shutdown Impact?
- 6-vehicle Crash Leaves at Least One Person Dead
- Fire kills 75 year old woman and at least 44 dogs
- End of 2012 Atlantic Hurricane Season, Doesn't Mean an End to Recovery in Lake City