Cell Phone Leades to Murder Arrest
The man police say was behind a Georgia murder Tuesday night, is in custody in Alachua County because of his cell phone.
Lucas Santiago of Tampa was arrested by sheriff's deputies just a few hours after deputies say he shot and killed a man at a Georiga apartment complex off Interstate-75.
Deputies from the Lowndes County Sheriff's Office contacted deputies in alachua county--saying Santiago would be at the high springs exit off I-75.
"He had called his wife, he was planning to abandon his vehicle, and ride with his wife...and we had deputiessimultaneously arrive and get the wife stopped as she had arrived as well as another deputy -see him parked and able to take him into custody without incident," said Art Forget, Alachua County Sheriff's Office spokesperson.
Deputies arrested Santiago shortly before 1:00AM Wednesday morning, and he's currently in the Alachua County Jail.
- Police Now Need Warrant To Search Cell Phones, Locals Weigh In
- State Lawmakers Promoting Ban on Cell Phone Use Among Teenage Drivers
- Cell Phone Scammer Jailed
- Bravo Trial Day 7: Cell Phone Data Reviewed
- Cell Phone Addiction Part 1
- Cell Phone Addiction Part 2
- Cell Phone Addiction Part 3
- Student's Cell Phone Video Catches Gym Teacher Stealing From Lockers
- Cell Phones for Soldiers
- Cell Phones in Classrooms