Community Paid Tribute to Fallen Firefighters
With heavy hearts, a community began to say goodbye to 2 fallen firefighters Wednesday night. A dinner organized in Lake City before the tragedy became a rallying stop for a community coming to terms with the loss of 31-year old Joshua Burch and 51-year old Brett Fulton. The firefighters died Monday battling a wildfire in Hamilton county. Both families remembered men passionate about their jobs.
"My son left his safety to go get his friend and he was in trouble and he got them... but like I said they were both in heaven long before they left the Earth," said Burch's mother Mollie Gaylord.
Funeral Services are open to the public. Burch's funeral will be Friday, June 24 at 10AM. Fulton's funeral will be Saturday, June 25 at 10AM. Both will take place at Christ Central Church.
217 Dyal Road
Lake City, FL 32024
For a full report, watch the video on the right side of this page.
- Parents Tribute To Fallen 9/11 Firefighter
- Tribute Paid to Air Show Crash Victims
- Barbecue For The Families of Fallen Firefighters
- Community Gathers for Tribute to Alachua General Hospital
- Paid Volunteers?
- Cocaine residue found in rental car, paid for by GPD Employee
- Tragic Anniversary Tribute
- Residents Pay Tribute to Donald Wayne Vincent
- Benefit Tribute Concert for Russell Johnson
- Woman Trapped In Burning Home Dies, Unique Tribute Planned