Shooting at Arapahoe HS in Littleton just south of Denver; at least 2 shot.
Dixie County Shelter in Dog House
Dixie County Commissioners set a three week deadline last night. The little thrift store with a heart for dogs, is in the dog house with county leaders.
On Thursday, Dixie County Commissioners ordered Heart of the Hammock Humane Society to move from it's location in Old Town, saying their five acre lot, isn't big enough for 24 rescued dogs.
"We ordered them to continue to reduce the number of animals on their site, until they can come into zoning compliance.. in another location," said Mike Cassidy, County Manager.
"We can't take them, we're not supposed to put them in foster... they've got our hands tied," said Pat Brown, Heart of the Hammock President.
In the past three years, 1500 dogs have been adopted from the shelter.
Over the next three weeks, Brown says the 24 dogs will be given away for free, or worst case, put down.
- Gilchrist Commissioner seeks shelter in Dixie County
- Panhandle shelter mistakenly euthanizes dog
- Widespread Sickness Forces Local Animal Shelter To Put Down Over 80 Dogs
- Animal Shelter Accused Of Mistreating Dogs
- October is Adopt-A-Shelter- Dog
- As Fay Passes Alachua County Demobilizes and Shelters Close
- Alachua County Shelters Open
- Suwannee County Shelter Increase
- Dixie County Family Fights AvMed Again For Daughter's Health Care
- Authorities Continue Searching For Missing Dixie County Woman