Expert Presents Ideas on Restoring the Gulf Coast
The Gulf Coast had severe issues, long before the almost five million gallon BP oil spill.
That's according to an official who says his job is not just figuring out how to clean up the oil, but finding ways to sustain the Gulf region for years to come.
Today, the man who heads the Gulf Coast Ecosystem Restoration Task Force presented his ideas on how to restore the Gulf.
John Hakinson talked about the tension between restoring the ecosystem versus building the Gulf Coast economy, saying his task force would take a holistic approach.
The task force was formed by President Obama in October 2010. This coming October, the team will present its recommendations to the president.
The presentation was sponsored by the Coastal and Oceanographic Engineering Program and The Center for Governmental Responsibility.
- A Local Business Benefits from Gators and Florida Gulf Coast Pre-Game
- Coast Guard Searches for 3 Missing Boaters in the Gulf
- Gator Hoops Dancing with Florida Gulf Coast
- Gator Baseball Swept by Florida Gulf Coast
- Zimmerman Trial: Hearing Over Audio Experts Still Undecided
- Zimmerman Trial: Judge Rules on Audio Experts
- Tax Expert Explains what is Important
- CRA Presents Initial Plans for Former Kennedy Homes Property
- U.S.D.A Presents Archer With Communities Facilities Grant
- Back to School Photos Past & Present