Fuel Spill on NE 39th Avenue in Gainesville
A fuel spill on Northeast 39th Avenue in Gainesville made the busy road off limits for a couple of hours this morning. Just after 9:30, a semi-truck traveling East on the road had the drive shaft break, piercing the two 100 gallon fuel tanks it carried.
About 120 gallons of diesel fuel poured out, until Gainesville Fire Rescue arrived and stopped the leak. A dam was created with sand to contain the spill until crews could arrive and pump the fuel off of the road.
- 34th Street and 39th Avenue Crash
- Investigation Shows Fuel Spill at Marion County Fire Rescue Station Larger than First Reported
- Changes For Northwest 8th Avenue In Gainesville... From 4-Lane to 2-Lane
- Changes on the way for NW 16th Avenue in Gainesville
- Mixed Reaction On Gainesville's NW 8th Avenue Reconstruction Project,
- Farah's on The Avenue Scheduled to Close this Month in Gainesville
- Roundabouts are the Future of Depot Avenue in Gainesville
- Gainesville City Attorney Recommends Revising Ordinances to Reflect Fuel Adjustment Practices
- Oil Spill Commission Co-Chair Stopped in Gainesville
- Midnight Vote on Plans for NW 16th Avenue and NW 23rd Avenue