Fuel Spill on NE 39th Avenue in Gainesville
A fuel spill on Northeast 39th Avenue in Gainesville made the busy road off limits for a couple of hours this morning. Just after 9:30, a semi-truck traveling East on the road had the drive shaft break, piercing the two 100 gallon fuel tanks it carried.
About 120 gallons of diesel fuel poured out, until Gainesville Fire Rescue arrived and stopped the leak. A dam was created with sand to contain the spill until crews could arrive and pump the fuel off of the road.
- 39th Avenue Crash
- Investigation Shows Fuel Spill at Marion County Fire Rescue Station Larger than First Reported
- Mixed Reaction On Gainesville's NW 8th Avenue Reconstruction Project,
- Gainesville City Attorney Recommends Revising Ordinances to Reflect Fuel Adjustment Practices
- Gainesville Bicyclist Dies After Colliding with SUV
- Northwest Gainesville Road Construction Frustrates Drivers
- Lights Out In Downtown Gainesville
- Early Morning Attack Ends in Murder for Unidentified Gainesville Man
- NW 8th Avenue Crash In Gainesville Becomes Deadly
- Gainesville locals question game day traffic move