Hawthorne Celebrates 79th Annual Reunion
It's not football season, but it is time for Homecoming in one North Central Florida town.
Some came as far as Minnesota. Others Texas.
In all, more than 200 friends, family, and neighbors gathered for one reason...to celebrate their Hawthorne heritage.
Hawthorne's 79th annual Homecoming celebration kicked off its weekend festivities today.
The opening ceremony included Bar-B-Q dinners, gospel singing, and praise dancing.
Hometown residents say this weekend is one they would not miss.
The festival ends on Saturday. It's open to the public.
- Double Drowning During Family Reunion at Lake Weir
- 10th Annual Celebration of Biotechnology
- U.S. 301 in Hawthorne Closing for a Week
- Hawthorne Water Tower Comes Down
- Hawthorne's former Fire Chief accused of fraud.
- Hawthorne School Works On Improvements, But Not Everyone Pleased
- Hawthorne Mural Draws Attention to Medical Help
- 2003 Hawthorne Murder Trial Begins...
- Still No Rest for the Prosecution or the Defense in the Hawthorne Murder Trial...
- Verdict in Hawthorne Murder Trial Could Be Just A Day Away...