Lake City Follows County with Private EMS
The controversy in Columbia county over ambulance services appears to be finally coming to an end. However, the job search is just beginning for most of the people who once worked for Columbia County Emergency Management Services. Monday night, Lake City council members gave control of EMS to "Lifeguard Ambulance" which has the contract for the rest of the county.
"It's good to get this resolved. I know some of the county employees are unhappy that they are privatizing but that was a choice the county made... hopefully it will work out for everybody," said Lake City Mayor Stephen Witt.
For a full report, watch the video on the right side of this page.
- Levy County Cancels Private "Labor Day Extravaganza" Citing Safety Concerns
- School Bus System & Privatization Marion County
- Columbia County Going Private?
- Bradford County providing sandbags for residents following severe weather
- NAACP Calls for the Resignation of Lake City Police Chief and City Manager
- Lake City Police Chief and City Manager Aren't Going Anywhere
- Suspect in Death of Lake City Man is at Large
- Lake City Pastor Speaks Out About His Church's Nativity Scene
- Search For Missing Lake City Skydiver Turns Into Recovery Operation
- End of 2012 Atlantic Hurricane Season, Doesn't Mean an End to Recovery in Lake City