Lake City Follows County with Private EMS
The controversy in Columbia county over ambulance services appears to be finally coming to an end. However, the job search is just beginning for most of the people who once worked for Columbia County Emergency Management Services. Monday night, Lake City council members gave control of EMS to "Lifeguard Ambulance" which has the contract for the rest of the county.
"It's good to get this resolved. I know some of the county employees are unhappy that they are privatizing but that was a choice the county made... hopefully it will work out for everybody," said Lake City Mayor Stephen Witt.
For a full report, watch the video on the right side of this page.
- NAACP Calls for the Resignation of Lake City Police Chief and City Manager
- Fourth of July Celebrations in Lake City
- Lake City Residents Waiting for Relief After Debby
- Three Arrested for Child Neglect in Lake City
- Waterlogged Residents Near Lake City Look for Answers
- Several people injured in Lake City shooting
- Law enforcement searching for missing Lake City woman
- Search efforts for missing Lake City woman grows
- Lake City Police Pursuit
- Lake City community devastated by triple shooting