Ocala Murders Linked
A man already behind bars awaiting trial for first degree murder in Marion County is now being charged with double murder. Three murders over a four year period. Police say they are all related and drugs was the motive in them all.
Ocala Police arrested 28 year old Michael Woods in November 2009 for the murder of 23 year old Toni Centracco who was found shot to death in her driveway in August 2007. At the time of her murder, Centracco was living with Marshall Pardee, who police say was involved in drug dealings with Woods.
In February 2010, Pardee was found shot to death beside his new girlfriend, Cheyvana Hampton, in their apartment. Woods, having still been in contact with Pardee after the first murder in 2007, was the prime suspect.
Witness testimony from Wood's ex-girlfriend led to his arrest in November 2010, and after a 16-month investigation into the double murder of Pardee and Hampton, a 38-revolver was found in a lake at Wood's grandparent's home in Putnam County. The revolver was the key that connected woods to the murder of Pardee and Hampton. Woods was indicted Tuesday for the first degree murder of Pardee and Hampton. He now faces three charges of first degree murder.
Lead investigator Lieutenant Mike Balken said this morning in a press conference that the families of all victims are relieved to finally see justice.
- A Vial Of Ted Bundy's Blood May Link Him To More Murders
- Two More Ocala-Area Farms Linked To Horse Virus
- Ocala Murder Sentencing
- Ocala Murder Investigation
- Murder Suicide For Ocala Couple
- A Woman's Murder Trial in Ocala
- Concerned Residents in Ocala After Two Murders
- Ocala Wife Accused of Murdering Husband
- Man found Not Guilty in Ocala Murder Trial
- One of Five Charged With Ocala Teen Murder Requests Bond