One of Five Charged With Ocala Teen Murder Requests Bond
One of the five people charged with killing 15-year-old Seath Jackson is now asking to be set free on bond. 16-year-old Kyle Hooper is charged with 1st degree murder with no bond.
Hooper's defense attorney, David Mengers, was going to request a bond be set for his client, but the hearing only lasted ten minutes when the judge ruled to put it off until a later date.
According to Hooper's defense attorney, David Mengers, his client has been in solitary confinement since his arrest in April, and he says Hooper needs some fresh air. Before the judge could decide if Hooper deserves that fresh air, Mengers said he needed to review more evidence before the bond hearing could even take place. According to Mengers, state prosecutors said they had a second statement from Hooper that he made right after the murder to police, that Mengers has not heard.
Prosecutors argued there are DVD's with those exact statements available, but Mengers wants to see the statements on paper.
Judge David Eddy concluded the bond hearing would take place at a later date that has not been set. According to the Marion County Clerk of Courts, Kyle Hooper is the first of the five to request a bond hearing. On Monday, the alleged ring leader, 18-year-old Michael Bargo, had a status conference. Bargo and all the others are still being held without bond.
- Ocala Teen Charged as an Adult for Attempted Second Degree Murder
- Ocala Teens Slit Mother's Throat, Charged With Attempted Murder
- Teen charged in sleeping man's murder
- Man Accused of Rape in Downtown Gainesville Being Held on a Five Million Dollar Bond
- Accused Orlando Shooter Denied Bond, Five Wounded Are in Stable Condition
- Arrest Warrant for Ocala Woman Charged with Second Degree Murder
- 2 Men Arrested and Charged With Murder in Ocala
- Ocala man charged with murder
- Two time convicted murderer explains why he is requesting the electric chair: Part 1
- Two time convicted murderer explains why he is requesting the electric chair: Part 2