Over the Line?
No matter how many times it's said, don't drink and drive, arrest numbers show thousands of people are doing it anyway. Some police officers said often it's those who teeter between tolerant and tipsy. In 2009 in our area, more than 2000 people were arrested on a DUI charge. More than 1,100 people were arrested in Marion county and over 700 people in Alachua county. For those training to be officers, they too realize just how tragic things can turn when you drink and drive.
"You may not know you are too impaired to drive. You get in a car and you think you're fine. It's not worth it, call a friend... figure out another way to get home," said recruit Dawn Arnett.
For an insider's look tonight into how police and future cops train to tackle the crime, watch the video on the right side of this page.
- Lives on the Line?
- Mourning the Loss of Officer Killed in the Line of Duty
- Religious Leaders See a Silver Lining In a Cloud of Contoversy
- Drop A Line...And A Few Trees
- Internet Crimes Against Children, Parents are First Line of Defense
- Brides Form Lines at Goodwill's Wedding Gala
- Drawing Voting Lines
- End of the Line for Mobile Home Scammer
- Inmate Visitations now On-line
- Parents Line Up For Voluntary Pre-Kindergarten