Over the Line?
No matter how many times it's said, don't drink and drive, arrest numbers show thousands of people are doing it anyway. Some police officers said often it's those who teeter between tolerant and tipsy. In 2009 in our area, more than 2000 people were arrested on a DUI charge. More than 1,100 people were arrested in Marion county and over 700 people in Alachua county. For those training to be officers, they too realize just how tragic things can turn when you drink and drive.
"You may not know you are too impaired to drive. You get in a car and you think you're fine. It's not worth it, call a friend... figure out another way to get home," said recruit Dawn Arnett.
For an insider's look tonight into how police and future cops train to tackle the crime, watch the video on the right side of this page.
- Lives on the Line?
- Mourning the Loss of Officer Killed in the Line of Duty
- Trespassing at "The Power Lines" in Bronson
- Alachua County Activates 311 Emergency Management Line
- Muschamp Says Murphy's Shoulder Improving, Trenton Brown Talks O-Line
- Sidney Lanier Drum Line Making History
- Levy County Fiber Line Damage Knocks Out 911 Communications
- Candidate Still Running Even with New District Lines
- Women Warriors, Now In The Front Lines
- Shoppers Endure Long Lines, Chilly Weather to Find Best Deals on Black Friday