Residents Fight to Keep "Bob's River Place" Open
The fight to keep "Bob's River Place" in Dixie County continued Thursday night. It was standing room only inside a Dixie county commission meeting where people made it clear they don't want a popular spot along the Suwanee River closed down. County leaders said "Bob's" is a business that needs proper permits so the county isn't sued if someone gets hurt. Commissioners told those in the packed room that they want to keep the local favorite open.
"We're here to work with Mr. Bob. We're not here to run him off," said commissioner Mark Hatch.
To see a full report, watch the video on the right side of the page.
- "Bob's River Place" Will Stay Open Upon Meeting Permits
- "Bob's River Place" Open For Play As Usual
- Bob's River Place Waits For "To-Do List"
- "We've Become Notorious... He's Hijacked the Image of our City," Gainesville Resident Speaks Out
- Opening of Bob Graham Center for Public Service Gives Pause to Former Governors
- Water Restrictions In Place For Some County Residents
- Wise Joins Effort with "Raise the Roof" Fundraiser for Girls Place
- Residents Shocked by Santa Fe River Flood Levels
- TV 20's Bob William;s Honored for Community Service
- Sanders Invokes Bob Marley As He Tells Gator Nation, "Don't Worry"