Rhoades's Memory Painted By Close Friends
The memory of a teen who died earlier this week lives on. A mural was painted on the 34th street wall by the close friends of 19-year-old Christian Rhoades.
Rhoades died in a tragic hiking accident Tuesday while exploring a rock quarry in a Jonesville neighborhood.
Alachua County sheriff deputies say Rhoades's told his father he was going for a run----but he never returned.
deputies say it appears Rhoades may have fallen from the cliff's edge----some as far as 80 feet down.
Today, his close friends, who call themselves his brothers, painted a section of the wall a beach scenery to symbolize his love for the outdoors.
- Friends and family paint 34th Street wall to remember Baby Paisley
- Families and friends paint 34th Street Wall to honor fallen soldiers
- A Close Friend Speaks On Behalf Of Suwannee Victims
- Your Health: Painting Up Support For Alzheimer's Care
- Memorial Day Closings
- Alachua County Libraries Closed On Memorial Day
- Zimmerman Trial: Trayvon's Friend Finishes Day 2 of Testimony
- John Eddy Beats Up His Partner When Friends Discover She's A Man
- Man Accused of Stealing Friend's Car
- Sebastian Ochsenius' Death... Exclusive Interview With Best Friend Tonight