Rhoades's Memory Painted By Close Friends
The memory of a teen who died earlier this week lives on. A mural was painted on the 34th street wall by the close friends of 19-year-old Christian Rhoades.
Rhoades died in a tragic hiking accident Tuesday while exploring a rock quarry in a Jonesville neighborhood.
Alachua County sheriff deputies say Rhoades's told his father he was going for a run----but he never returned.
deputies say it appears Rhoades may have fallen from the cliff's edge----some as far as 80 feet down.
Today, his close friends, who call themselves his brothers, painted a section of the wall a beach scenery to symbolize his love for the outdoors.
- A Close Friend Speaks On Behalf Of Suwannee Victims
- Memorial Day Closings
- Alachua County Libraries Closed On Memorial Day
- John Eddy Beats Up His Partner When Friends Discover She's A Man
- Friends and Family Mourn where Cheerleader's Body was Found
- A Clean Bill Of Health For Man's Best Friend
- Painting Wall in Teens Honor
- Paint The Town Orange For Bullying
- Alachua County Gives Away Free Paint
- Mothers Speak Out About Sons' Deaths; Plan Memorial Ride