Shands Hospital for Children in Gainesville Sneak Peak
Saturday families were at sea during a sneak peak of latest addition to the Shands Hospital for Children in Gainesville.
The new ocean-themed pediatric emergency room will be opening on July first. The nautical design includes fish tanks, porthole windows and walls and furniture designed to simulate waves. State-of-the-art equipment has been scaled down for use on younger patients.
Development and construction of the new emergency room was made possible thanks to a $500,000 donation from the Sebastian Ferrero Foundation. The new facility is equipped to treat up to 24 thousand patients a year.
- Shands Children's Hospital Among Best in Nation
- $415M expansion for Gainesville hospital set to begin
- Children's Hospital in Gainesville Makes Cents
- Dance Marathon raises over 2 million for Children's Miracle Network
- Cancer #1 Killing Disease For Hispanics, But Gainesville Continues To Fight Back
- Shands Hospital is Building New Hotel For Families and Patients
- Hospital program uses the arts to help patients
- Sick Teen Raises Money for Children's Miracle Network
- A Local Boy Named "Florida Champion" of Children's Miracle Network Hospitals
- Ferrero Foundation Hosts Event To Raise To Build Children's Hospital