Solar Panel Contract Comes Under Criticism
Opponents seem to be making progress in slowing down a deal to generate solar energy on the roofs of some Alachua county schools. However, they haven't stopped it yet. As the city of Gainesville looks into accusations Gainesville Regional Utilities didn't fairly conduct it's solar feed-in tariff program' lottery, the school district is on the verge of entering a 20-year contract to put panels on school roofs. On Tuesday night, critics argued the school board isn't getting the best deal it can from Solar Impact compared to a similar agreement with the library system. That company's president dismissed the criticism.
For a full report, watch the video on the right side of the page.
- Stoneridge Installs Solar Panels
- Solar Panels Make Energy Savings Possible
- Solar Panels on School Roofs Approved
- Solar Contract Conflict?
- Wage Theft Bill Moves Past House Judiciary Panel
- Solar Energy in Gainesville
- Solar Energy
- Zero Energy Solar Homes
- UF Will Deput Solar Home At International Competition
- GRU Solar Feed In Tariff Feeling the Heat of an Audit