State Road 26 Reopened After Gunman Scare
A call for help turned into a lock down scenario in the northwestern part of Putnam county. 27-year Michael Able will undergo a mental health evaluation after state road 26 was closed and residents were barred from entering their own neighborhood. As deputies from Clay and Putnam counties crisscrossed nearby Melrose, residents were left puzzled as to what exactly was going on. Initial reports were Able was armed which had many residents, waiting to go home, worried for their safety.
"I'm scared to go any closer in case those bullets go firing," said resident Linda Leavitt.
To see a full report, watch the video on the right side of this page.
- Roads Re-Open in Bradford After Fire is Contained
- Levy County Road Re-Opens
- School Reopens After Shooting In Parking Lot
- Five Alive, After Carbon Monoxide Scare In Ocala
- Motorcyclist Dies After Road Rage Incident at Gas Station
- O'Leno State Park Reopens Trails After Flooding
- Starke Elementary Reopens After Mold Problem
- Ocala Drive-In Business Doing Well After Reopening
- Prosecutor: Hernandez was Gunman in Double Killing
- Gunman in Lake Butler Shooting Spree Left Behind a Note