Task Force Keeping Tuscawilla Safe
Ocala leaders are trying to restore a popular park to families. A woman was recently raped at Tuscawilla Park, but an established task force is set on making sure that type of violent crime does not happen there again.
The incident happened overnight last Thursday.
Thomas Anthony Degennaro was arrested and police believe he was an acquaintance of the victim. Both are homeless- as transient people often visit the park. That is one of the issues that prompted the launching of "Operation Tuscawilla."
"We are trying to address those issues also trying to address any other problem we have, you know, drugs or crime problems in the neighborhood," Tye Chighizola, City of Ocala Growth Management Director and Operation Tuscawilla Team Coach told TV20.
The citizen and city task force also looks at redevelopment and improvement projects to the park. Chighizola says that next on the agenda is re-establishing a neighborhood watch group.
- President Obama Forms Task Force to Crack Down on College Sex Assaults
- Sheriff's Blue Ribbon Task Force Approved
- North Central Florida Wage Theft Task Force Holds Workshop
- Task Force Recommends Dog Tethering Ordinance
- Black on Black Crime Task Force Meeting
- New Grant Funds ASO's Child Sexual Predator Task Force
- Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force
- Gainesville Crime Task Force
- High Springs' Mayor's Economic Development Task Force
- Taser Task Force Takes Off