Thumbs up to Hydroponic Tomato Plant
City officials in Ocala Tuesday evening voted towards a move that will help them grow...hydroponic tomatoes that is.
It was a 3-2 vote, but Council Members gave the go-ahead to American Fresh Farms to begin the preliminary work towards building greenhouses that will become the largest structures in Ocala.
The FAA still has to approve the greenhouses' construction on the Ocala International Airport property, but officials say that decision may come soon.
The company will now begin acquiring permits and finishing work plans.
The plant is said to bring 400 jobs to Ocala.
- Hydroponic Tomato Plant Set Back by FAA
- Tomato Recall
- Tomato Grower Settles Harassment Lawsuit
- Tomato Prices Could Double if Trade Pact Ends
- Massive Explosions Rock Central Fla. Gas Plant
- Duke Energy Customers to Pay More for Failed Nuclear Plant Projects
- Duke Energy Customers Will Continue to Pay for Abandoned Nuclear Plants
- Invasive Plants Threatening Native Vegetation on Payne's Prairie
- Local Plant Nursery Can Be The Next Legal Pot Grower
- UF Pilot Plant Finds Alternative Energy Source