11 Burglaries on the Rap Sheets of Would-Be-Rappers
They were looking for rap careers, but now have 11 burglaries on their rap sheets. Jacksonville police busted five men, who they suspect are part of a crime ring that's been hitting Best Buy stores around North Florida since January.
One of those stores was in Gainesville on May 23rd, when police say the suspects used a sledgehammer to bust into the building, stealing $55,000 dollars worth of Apple products.
Three men were arrested on Friday in Jacksonville as police staked out a Best Buy they reportedly tried to break into: Jeffrey Lamont Platts, William David Alonzo, Demarco Varnes-Appling.
Two others were busted earlier in the investigation: James Beal & Billy Alexander.
A sixth man: Breyon Fidell Gilbert is still wanted by police.
Authorities say they haven't yet proven if the Gainesville Best Buy break in is related, but that it does fit the pattern.
- Raffy Raps Live At His Rally
- Police: Man murdered because of rap video
- Community Rallies Behind Streetside Rapper After He Was Beaten by Driver
- Rapper Plies Won't Pay
- Rapper in Court
- Alachua County Charges Against Rapper Dropped... For Now
- Popular Gainesville street rapper "DJ Raffy" attacked again
- GPD searching for second suspect in rapper's murder
- Hunt for man involved in rapper Rashay Garrison continues
- Lawmakers File Bill That Would Allow Guns on Campus